Today, the Gulkin Gazette brings you “These Eyes.” a little ditty by The Guess Who. This is a very dear and cherished song to the duo of The Dusk Till Dawn Diary, where we are thrilled to welcome static.fuzz as a new contributor!
“These Eyes” was co-written by lead guitarist Randy Bachman and lead singer Burton Cummings, and the track was released in the the band’s 1968 album Wheatfield Soul. It was their first single to reach the top ten on the Billboard Pop Singles chart, and was the first recorded and released quartet of Cummings, Bachman, Jim Kale, and Garry Peterson. The track was produced by Jack Richardson, and since the late ‘60s “These Eyes,” has been featured on the soundtracks of films Now and Then, Stay and Superbad.
The Guess Who – These Eyes (1969)
- 3 reviews of The Guess Who (rateitall.com)
- Randy Bachman explains origins of ‘No Sugar Tonight’ (ctv.ca)
- Bachman donates T-Bird to science museum (thestar.com)
- Songwriters share moments of inspiration (cbc.ca)
- The Guess Who – Daily Post 2011 #15 (musicofourheart.wordpress.com)